Friday, July 23, 2010

in the last days of summer camp

you know how at camp, you learn how to make crafts? well this little camper took a beginning course in misting and fell in love. she also took a course on ink blending and loved that too. i always thought misting involved pointing the mist toward the paper, closing your eyes and squirting a couple of times. if it worked out (rarely), great; if it didn't (often), well i always have another sheet of white cardstock. i think that was my problem. white cardstock. mist on white is just so THERE to me, i didn't like the look on my pages. too messy. this time i experimented with colored cardstock, specifically charcoal and kraft. and i used masking of one sort of another. lots of recycled masks this time around. very fun.

for the upcoming summer CHA, studio calico has come out with their own line of mists called mister huey. they will be available in a smaller size than what you can get out there currently, and SC will have a standard color palatte that they will always carry, they are the SC colors--white, cream, grey, kraft, and brown. then they will have a limited edition line that coordinates perfectly with their current line of papers, this time around it's the elementary line. you can read more about the mists here. the DT has been discussing this new product with much anticipation. it's kind of funny to see those of us who don't mist much working on adding it to our scrapping as we prepare for his arrival. i think i may be ready :) i like masking areas off. i like layering the mists. i think i can do this.
i can't wait to show you my summer camp creations, but that will have to be next week. i will however show you some sneaks and tell you about them a bit. i'm pretty sure that all the layouts i did used both the main and the adirondak add on. this month, since we were gone, i didn't even try to do sneaks for the kits, so i came home and mixed the kits together right away. :) you can also see what some of the other girls did here.

i used a recycled mask and cream mist for this one. the subtleness of the cream on charcoal was just lovely. enough to see it, but not glaringly there. i also used a couple of different punches, the arch scallop and zig zag borders.


next, we have a great shot of my NOSE. but it shows you how i layered the mists. three different layers. yah. i'm going bonkers. watch out. i used the cream and bronze mists for this one.

same layout, just showing off the cream on kraft. very subtle. love.and here is my blending project, the second sneak shows a close up of the technique. these alphas are in the adirondak addon and i think i'm going to use them all. i love that you can alter them so easily. i use the blending tool from tim holtz. perfect. i used mustard seed, peeled paint, faded jeans, worn lipstick, and pumice.


and that's all you get until reveal night, which as a reminder is this coming tuesday, the 27th at midnight.

12 comments:

Gracie said...

oh my those clouds are the sweetest!!!!!!!
can't wait to see it all!

Anonymous said...

I love all of those!!! I can't wait to get my hands on them. I have the same feelings you did about misting. But now I can say that between you, Christyn, and Ronda - I am really itching to try it again. Now i need to go pick some up. I have only a small amount left in one bottle - I've never felt inspired to purchase any other bottles. LOL

Curlywiggles said...

Gorgeous sneaks as always! I'm excited to see your miste projects, so glad you finally 'get' misting!

Sarah said...

Oh, *sigh*... I love your handwriting! :) And the misting! Can't wait to get the white!

Anonymous said...

ooohh... nice!

Sabr said...

Hope you'll be sharing your secrets cause I am truly not good at misting and really want to be.

Can't wait to see the full layouts!

Olivia said...

Love all your sneaks & your handwriting! Can't wait to see them in full :)

Anonymous said...

that last one looks remarkably like the end of a zopf to me LOL! how cool...cant WAIT to see that :-) and your clouds are just too much. and your misting may have just pushed me over the edge to try too...THANKS for that...roll on tuesday. -hera

sylv said...

It all looks so lovely....i can't wait for reveal!

Leah said...

you make me want to open up my cream mist! gorgeous sneaks!

Anonymous said...

Totally can't wait for your reveal! Adore those hanging clouds and pretty sure you are going to turn me into a mister... (sigh)

Michelle said...

Oh, beautiful!! (And love the clever name! he he). :) Can't wait to see your misting pages in their full glory, lovely! I'm sure you rocked it!!