Wednesday, December 22, 2010

with the who's who family edition

like i mentioned yesterday, i have loved working with the january studio calico kit. the colors are just HAPPY, the stamps are fabulous, and i love the exclusive papers this month.  when i first saw the kit and add ons, i was ho-hum about everything, but the combination of products in the main is perhaps the most brilliant grouping ever, the perfect embellishments to paper ratio. i got the first add on, betty crocker and the vibrant warm colors compliment the main better than i ever would have guessed! it just so happened that all my layouts are about my parents and siblings, i'm still working on my brother's layout, but decided i should wrap things up and get these posted and my work turned in today. if i finish his page tonight, you'll get one more sneak. but here's what i've done so far. 

who's who • betty crocker • mister huey white



who's who • fired brick ink


who's who • betty crocker • mister huey lunchtraymister huey sunshinebubblegum mist • stick candy ink

whenever i do pages about people in my life, i find that my love for the subject increases. i've spent a few hours agonizing over the design, journaling, photos, etc., and that person has been the focus of my time. that may be part of why i loved my projects so much this month. i have been very blessed in the family arena. 

i'll have a shopping list of shop supplies that work well with the kits for you right before reveal, so make sure you come back!

7 comments:

Sabr said...

looks delicious! isn't that Betty Crocker though?

Emily Pitts said...

yep :) my bad. thanks for the heads up, i fixed it in the post.

Jennifer Larson said...

I totally agree about doing pages about the ones you love. So True! And well said! Love the peeks.

Christina said...

They all look fabulous so far! can't wait to see the rest
xo

lisatoronto said...

Hmmm...I'm intrigued. Interesting colour profile...

ArlaMo said...

Can't wait to see the whole page! Love the sneaks.

Kimberly said...

Oh super fun! You are so AMAZING...Love everything you do! xx
Loves,
K