Sunday, February 3, 2013

cocoa daisy's double feature is double good!

Cocoa Daisy's February kit, Double Feature really performed well this month. I loved how easy it was to create such varied layouts, the colors were happy, and the embellishments were really fun to play with. Included in the kit is a 6x6 stencil from my friend Ronda's debut line with Crafter's Workshop. I tried to use it, but majorly messed it up, so be on the lookout for another shot soon :) But check out this post to see all the fabulous ways the team used the stencil.

The kit sold out really fast and I know why, it was awesome. But Christine has increased quantities for March, hopefully avoiding so many disappointed scrappers come next month.

I made a couple of layouts and a framed art piece. 





The art was for my word of the year, BUILD. I'd gone to IKEA mid month and saw a really great quote as you entered the store, I knew it would make for a great word to focus on. I also had this inspiration piece pinned and thought the colors in the kit would be perfect. I designed it in Photoshop the then transfered everything over to my Silhouette. It took some thinking and planning, but I love how it turned out.


The next design is about my wonderful sweet boy.

My son is always surprising us, this is just one example of that. He has to get up really early every weekday morning and I thought it would be like pulling teeth. In reality, he's been almost pleasant most days. I'm so proud of him. Love the exclusive flair from Ormolu in the kit!








And just to show you the versatility of this kit, not only can I do a boy layout, but there's just enough pink to do a girl layout justice as well. Annie has the most positive and lovely outlook on life. I think this captures her very well. I used silver metallic embossing powder and embossed the title I'd stamped with the Nate alphabets available in the stamp sub for an amazing deal, the sub is only $.51 more for two more awesome stamp. This is the way to get them. Our stamp sub has been wildly popular, you really should check it out :)




So there you have it, my work for Cocoa Daisy this month, such a fun kit, I really enjoyed it and if you're interested, you can add your name to the waiting list, sometimes a random kit or two will pop up after Christine has finalized all the orders. You can email her at mailbox@cocoadaisy.com and add your name to the list.


2 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh Emily, they are just gorgeous! Could look at each one of them for hours.

LisaDV said...

I love the build your year layer by layer frame!!! You could sell that. Fabulous.