Friday, June 28, 2013

sneaking into the cabana, cocoa daisy style

Hello there! Some sneaks for you using the Cocoa Daisy July kit, Cabana. Such a fun kit. 

This kit is pretty bright, the colors are intense. DO NOT LET THAT SCARE YOU! Once I remembered that oh yah, I really do LOVE color, I had a blast creating with Cabana. Absolutely loved everything I did. There's just enough kraft and wood to tone down the intense colors, you'll be more than fine! Did I mention I LOVED this kit?

Reveal is tonight starting at 8 PM EDT, with chatting on the message boards, and then the add ons go on sale to subscribers at 9 PM. Stephanie is hosting it and it promises to be a really fun evening, I hope you'll join us!

This kit had a little bag of glitter. So much fun to play with on the Jillibean Soup corrugated words!



It had the SC cork arrows, which I wish I didn't love as much as I do.


It had a delightfully glittery alphabet in the Striped Awning add on. It's foam. And glittery, did I mention that? The main has a fun and retro funky glitter font too, reminds me of the Brady Bunch font. Love it. It's chipboard, and glittery. There's also a perfect little cardstock alphabet from Basic Grey in the main. Nice balance of alphabets.


The Striped Awning add on has some fun pinwheels from the Pier line by Crate. I didn't know if I use them, but you'll find them on two layouts, so yes, I used them.


The green paper? That's from the patterned paper add on, Hammock. It's a surfer line from Bo Bunny. I'm not a surfer, but found the tone on tone to be really easy to use and if you don't read it closely, it really doesn't matter :)




I think the surprise favorite of the kit were the elegant skinny glass head pins in the main, see the above square. So pretty, not a embellishment that shouts at you, but a unique touch none the less.

And there you are, my sneaks. It could be that this kit was designed for our Mexican vacation, Christine is so thoughtful! Only she had no idea we were going :) Serendipity.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Great sneaks! Have in in Mexico sweet friend!