Tuesday, March 17, 2009

comparisons

i've been doing the wii fit every weekday now for a month, well, thursday will be a month technically. i do yoga one day, then strength training the next. i explained my routine in an earlier post, so i won't go into it here. i wrote that last post in an elated state. i was seeing results. i've been really good since then, i've kept on schedule. i've eaten well. i've continued my walking to school and home. i've been GOOD. so why do i feel like this?



ok, maybe not TOTALLY like this, but the scales say as much. i haven't lost anything, if fact, i've gained. i KNOW muscle weighs more than fat, but today i'm highly doubting that i will ever look like this:

common sense tells me i'll never really achieve this look, but at least 5 times during every workout session, my trainers remind to visualize my ideal body. a girl can hope...i think if i ever did end up looking like this i'd never get anything done. i'd wear workout clothes all the time and just pose in front of the mirror all day.

so when does the muscle that weighs SO much start devouring the fat that doesn't weigh very much? i will keep doing this because i am quite happy with the changes i'm seeing in how i look, and because people are starting to notice, but today i am discouraged. i still worked out, it was me and pony boy (AGAIN! good heavens, where are brad and randy? i haven't seen them for ages. i even switched to a girl trainer and pony boy popped in saying he hoped i wouldn't mind if he filled in for my regular trainer!)

ok, complaining over.

i'm working on my studio calico april kit this week, i'm almost done with layout #3. i got the peter piper add on and there is a piece of paper in there that i'm in love with. i am going to eek every ounce our of that paper, it's just yummy. it's more of a "boy" themed add on, but i've used it on two layouts about annie, it's pretty versatile.

over at journaler's junction, the challenge is journal about your sign, and that can be interpreted many ways. my layout was way different for me, but i LOVE how it turned out--very funky. i used the march studio calico kit and had fun looking up the characteristics of the zodiac sign scorpio. i don't hold a lot of faith in the horoscope (thus my bingo card rub ons, all a matter of chance), but it was kind of interesting how many of the character traits where right on.


hopefully i'll have some sneaks for you tomorrow...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the layout Em, I too am a scorpio - I am also some (not all) of those things too. weird how that happens, eh?
:)
Cheering you on from up north!!

Houston said...

I am loving Peter P I think I shall have to have that add-on. Now onto Pony Boy... Em, I think he has a little crush on you!
Yay for you that you have been working out so much!

Mary Kay said...

I'm with House-- I think Pony Boy likes you.

*Paula* said...

Tee heee hee. I'm picturing you looking in the mirror all day admiring yourself. so funny

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I'm so glad I bopped over here today! I LOVE the idea of scrapping about my sign! I LOVE that I have new photos of myself that are perfect for this and i LOVE the fact that I have taken tomorrow as a vacation day and plan to SCRAP!

Anonymous said...

hang in there and ignore the damn scale. :)

GCD Studios said...

cute layout and SUPER FUNNY photo! I need one of those

Aly Dosdall said...

good for you for hanging in there. i agree w/ lisa. adorable page! love the bingo rub-ons, the journaling page, the photo, everything!

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

You go girl! You can do it!! Now please tell me the same, so know what you are talking about ;)

*reyanna* said...

Super-cute page! I love how you did the the bingo cards... so cool looking! Man, I wanna scrap!!!

Oh, and keep your chin up about the working out thing! You're doing great! You'll see better results in no time! Hang in there, Lovely! :)

Angie said...

you have to add some cardio, babe. Do the wii like you're doing...and then, go take the dog on a walk around the block. (do you have a dog??) Or do about 5+ rounds of the step on the wii. THEN, you'll see a difference.

love the scorpio page. you always have the coolest self portrait photos! Totally agree about character traits...mine are right on, too. (I'm an aries)

Anonymous said...

ugh. i think i could've written the top half of your post. at least you're seeing a difference in your body... that's ultimately more important than the almighty scale, right?! :)

Davinie Fiero said...

Oh my gosh, those photos! lol!