Saturday, August 3, 2013

circumnavigating for 80 days with cocoa daisy

I'm really more into bright colors, but the August Cocoa Daisy scrapbooking kit, 80 Days was the perfect kit for me this month. It was a fine balance of color and neutral, and really nice to have a more gentle kit after July's awesome bright Cabana kit.

I only got two layouts done because I had to leave for a week to attend CHA, but I have plans to do more.

This was just a fun kit to document some fun photos; lots of playful elements from Basic Grey, October Afternoon, and Evalicious that really made the kit easy to work with. There were also some cool vintage German flashcards that couldn't have been better for my layouts, it was serendipity. I also used the Calcutta add on, I had to have those awesome burlap Thickers. I ended up misting them on both my layouts, it turned out really well.

This first layout is about my kids and the statues outside our vacation rental. They are huge Dr. Who fans and Weeping Angels is an oft discussed topic in our home. The German flashcard was so so perfect here.


My husband is always making me laugh. I love that he knows how to make me happy, even at the beach. I loved all the little bits and pieces in the kit, they made this page really easy to create. I wrapped the Maya Road wire camera with twine and I love how it turned out, the perfect pop of yellow!

You'll have to pick up your own 80 Days and add ons; together they make for delightful creating, and they are packed full of awesome product. It may seem travel themed, but so many of the CD team made layouts not at all travel based, you'll have to check out the DT gallery. Mou Saha was our guest designer this month and she did a lovely job! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pages, so creative.
Bon