Wednesday, April 3, 2013

forecasting april

Cocoa Daisy's April kit, "Forecast" was so much fun to work with. Not color combinations I'm used to creating with, but I do like the results. I have three layouts to share, this first one uses the main and Wellies add on. It also features one of the 4x6 Elements from the Simple Stories exclusive papers as part of the background for my photo. It's the stripe and wood grain. I love that we are working with Simple Stories on this, the possibilities are exciting! This is about my friend Stephanie and I, she's our graphic designer, she makes all the stamps and the exclusive Project Life cards. We chat back and forth about the next few month's products as she's creating the stamps, it's fun to see them come to life!




This is the B side of one of the exclusive Simple Stories papers. I love how rich the teal color is! My funny son, he ate the whole a hamburger with chopsticks. He has a collection of them, waiting for the right moment to use them. I used the Elle's Studio paper that said "love you to pieces" because it kind of cracked me up, his taking apart he hamburger into pieces...


This layout was based on the sketch challenge for this month. You should play along! Annie came out of the bathroom one morning with this lovely flip and more than willingly posed for us. She's such a ham!

There you have it, what I created this month. It was a lot of really fun things to put together, wood and kraft from Maya Road, bright happy colors from Simple Stories, and lots of fun embellishments from Jillibean Soup. I got the Wellies add on too.

There are still a very small amount of the main kit, Forecast, available, the Project Life add on sold out between the morning and now, but there are a few Bumbershoots still available, so head on over if you like what you see!

And have a good one.

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

Hi Emily. Love your layouts and your handwriting on your layouts is so cool. I do write on mine but I don't really like my writing but I know that my kids will love it one day. So happy to have you over at CSI this month. Cant wait to see what you have for us.